Tuesday, February 17, 2009

seedling update





Well, it's been less than a week since I planted the lettuce seeds and they are starting to sprout :) Considering we've had lows in the 30's, I'm kind of surprised at how quickly they came up. It looks like it is on the Romaine side of the planter where the sprouts are, the mix must be slower... I've now got 6 spinach plants sprouted and lots of little turnips. We bought some ever bearing strawberry plants over the weekend to enjoy some freshly picked berries in a few months. Above are pictures of the 3-tiered planter which is now housing part of the "garden", along w/ some close ups of each. Turnips in bottom, spinach in middle, strawberries in top. The lettuce is in a large planter of it's own, which is also where tomatoes will be growing once it gets warmer.

2 comments:

  1. AHA!!! I found you! Someone told me you had a blog...I just haven't been able to find it yet. YAY! Now I can spend even more time being jealous. =)

    Oh...and I will definitely look for that book. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also are living a life to be jealous of! and i wasn't hiding, i just don't like to go public :)

    Beware when you read Crazy Love - it so rocked our world that everything changed. The problem now is that we are freaks in this world more than ever...

    ReplyDelete